Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Whew!!!

Man oh man what a day so far today!! Let me start off by saying that if I didn't already know it was a Monday, I would have sworn it was!!

My day started at 4:15 am today and has not been a easy one either. My first group of kids walk through the door and they enter like a heard of elephants. Literally the bull dozed their way through the front door, stomping and talking loudly, then dropping their backpacks on the floor and finally by slamming the closet door where they put their shoes! I simply rolled my eyes and thought, 'Happy Monday! Here we go!!' Then I mention to the mother that I need to be out of the daycare for a two short errands today and that it was being covered by my assistant. The Mother looks at me and states, ' Well I won't pay for when you are not here.' mmm, so she wants a battle of the wills? Fine I think to my self...bring it on!! Now mind you this has all taken place in a matter of 4 min. or less.

It's now 4:50 am and the next set of kids show up. Amazing!! They are just as  noisy as the first set of kids that graced my presence! So I get them all settled as quickly as I can, grab the baby a full bottle and change her diaper~as it was gonna be a full one in a matter of minutes.

In walks the next family at 5:15 am, I swear I think there must have been a memo that I missed. Seriously, what is with all the stomping and slamming of doors? So again I roll my eyes at the parent for allowing the children to act so rudely. This time the Father says to me, 'Ooops we were all up early this morning and I found the youngest one in the fridge drinking a Mt. Dew and eating the leftover birthday cake.' I guess the appalled and shocked look on my face was enough to warrant the parent to apologize for the kids rude behavior. Then he laughs and states as he is walking out the door, ' Oh yea, the baby pooped on the way over, Can you get that for me?' I am literally dumbfounded now. Ummm Why on earth would a parent allow a child to sit in a full diaper, let alone eat junk food and drink soda pop? Where is the discipline? I shake this off and get them all cleaned up, changed and tucked back in to hopefully get some much needed rest.

Wow, 7:00 am!! Where did the time go? I know I was busy with cleaning bathrooms, folding a few clothes and making today's menu or should I say game plan!! Ha ha ha.... OK time to kick it in high gear, wake all the little angels in the living room. Go in and wake up the two babies from their slumbering dreams. One child in each arm as I stroll back into the dinning room and step on a wooden block! OUCH!!! I put both kids down and look around for the little one who placed it in my walk path. Umm Huh just as I thought. Not a guilty party in the bunch as they all break into laughter!! Good Morning to me!!

2 comments:

  1. OH...MY...GOSH...WENDY!!!
    PLEASE tell me you MADE that woman pay you!!!
    Did she honestly think she was going to get care for FREE??? Regardless of WHO was caring for her child! My gosh!!! My blood is boiling FOR YOU right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melody!! Believe me she paid me, along with all her back late fee's too!! I guess I have a way about me that allows me to just bill it and she never knew the difference.

    ReplyDelete