Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome to my Monday morning!


 Have you ever really wondered what happens when you drop off your sleeping child at daycare? For those of you who do, guess what? They don't really ever go back to sleep. Nope they kinda lay there waiting for their provider (me!) to get all settled into reading or doing whatever task is at hand and then they spring to life!
 Yep, that's it they literally spring to life without so much as a stretch or a yawn. They literally throw the covers off, stand up and start screaming! Now we aren't talking about a low little whine here, nope full blown scream at the top of their lungs, enough to wake the rest of the house. You might ask your self...What on earth?! Well guess what..I did too !!! I think I leaped to my feet and flew over to the screaming child, missing the sleeping dog along the way. Nearly tripping over a pillow, catching myself on the corner of the wall and finally coming to a thud on the floor next her. I stood myself upright again and reached out to her to hold her and comfort her...oddly though she was still literally sleeping!!
 As I quickly pondered the situation, risking more kids to wake and become just as agitated and distressed as this little girl. I decided to do the unthinkable and wake her from her current state of mind. Ummm not an easy task if I do say so. I tried to wake her by gently rubbing her back, shaking her hand, calling her name and more. Finally after what seemed like endless trying to wake this sleeping beauty, who by the way was still screaming and had now woke the others. It was evident that I needed to really wake this child before something else happened. I was getting ready to try one more thing when out of nowhere comes her little brother.
 He walked around me, looked at his sister and shook his head from side to side. The look on his face was one of disdain and frustration. As if he was saying, 'Not Again!' He stepped around the front of her rather gingerly and then "WHAM!!" he stomped on her foot! She woke up instantly and all was quiet again. Her little brother smiled at himself, clapped his hands as if to congratulate himself and went back to bed. With the rest of us standing there simply giggling.

Happy Monday Morning to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment